I'm Lauren and I'm currently doing my doctorate in Classics at Durham. I'm working on the construction of the author-persona relationship with specific attention to myth and genre game-playing in Ovid's exile works. My research interests are quite varied (elegy, Virgil, reception etc) and I'm very excited about being a helper at this year's CA here in Durham!
My hobbies include wildlife, knitting and vintage aviation (not all at once!).
I can't wait to meet you all!
Lauren.
Hi Lauren and I'm very pleased to hear that it's sunny in Durham! Let's hope it stays that way for another week :-).
ReplyDeleteHi Simon! Well, we've had Texas blue skies for a couple of weeks now (who would have thought it, in the NE as well?!), and we're all crossing our fingers that it stays this way for the CA. The sunshine really does make Durham glorious, and we'd love to show off our "small but perfectly formed" city at its best.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to the trip. It's been several years since I've visited Durham and I dont think the sun was out then so I've missed it at its best!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad! To be fair, the sun is out very rarely up here... we just can't believe our luck at the moment!
ReplyDelete